There is a permanent solution that will give you the look of long, luminous eyelashes without the time constraint – lash extensions. Eyelash extensions are the most popular beauty technique and everyone is doing it. If you’re considering this beauty trend, you’ve come to the right place. Top 4 reasons why you should try lash extensions:
- Save your makeup time. There won’t be any need for applying your false lashes, eyeliner pen, lash curler, or mascara.
- Look glamorous regardless of the situation. Your eye makeup can become smudge, messy, or fallen off due to heavy activities, hot weather, and hard rain. With lash extensions, you don’t have to worry about all of those things.
- Be vibrant from the moment you wake up. People usually wake up looking dull and listless. But those who got lash extensions wake up with luscious and dramatic eyelashes, which makes their whole face look bright and awake.
- Help enhance the appearance of the eyelash line and enrich both eyelash length and thickness, no matter what your natural lashes look like.
Are these benefits of eyelash extensions enough to convince you? If you’re planning to do extensions but do not know what types of lash extensions there are, here is the right place to learn about some popular types of eyelashes. Eyelash extensions are made of synthetic material, real silk fibers, or real mink fur. Each individual type has its own unique effects on your eyes and your overall appearance. Thus, it’s best to first understand all the different types that fit your personality and preference.
FAUX MINK EYELASH EXTENSIONS
A man-made alternative to real mink, with a similar lightweight feel. Faux mink is a better choice for those with allergies or ethical aversions to fur. Faux mink lash extensions are more rigid in shape and slightly thicker throughout the eyelash. These extensions have a slight sheen and are slightly glossy for a more dramatic look. They have more bling. Young girls often choose faux mink eyelashes because they are more noticeable. Faux mink eyelash extensions are the most popular type of eyelash extension.
MINK EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Mink eyelashes are the most common among celebrities. They are ultra-natural and very fluffy because they are made from real mink fur. Keep in mind that fluffy doesn’t necessarily mean thick. Minks are known for best achieving a natural look. Just be aware: Like fur coats, fur lashes come with luxury price tags. This type of lash extension is suitable for those who are looking for a natural, light yet luscious look. These lashes are somewhat thinner than most due to their natural quality. As a result, real mink lashes will also last longer than others because they are extremely light and won’t weigh down your natural lashes.
SYNTHETIC SILK EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Silk eyelashes, the fibers in vegan, come from the newest synthetic vegan fibers created to mimic the look of real human lashes. Silk is very light and soft, which makes it naturally fit for creating fake eyelashes. Synthetic silk eyelashes have a more flexible curl, giving the lash a softer feel and more natural look. Although they’re not actually made of real silk, the effect is nevertheless delicate. They have a flat or matte black color, making them appear more natural. These extensions are good for those who want fuller eyelashes but do not want others to know they have lash extensions.
SABLE EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Sable eyelashes are made from the fur of the Sable (a forest animal found in Russia and Siberia). Sable eyelashes are highly similar to that mink eyelashes, except the fact that sable lashes are the thinnest lashes of all types. This is ideal for those who really appreciate naturally thin lash extensions and do not like thicker options. Sable eyelash extensions will not weigh down your natural eyelashes and can create a wispy look.
What else to know before you actually spend money and time on the lash extension service?
- False eyelash strips will never rip your natural lashes from their follicles when applied properly. Since they sit directly above the natural lash line, they aren’t actually attached to your natural lashes, although they blend in perfectly with them. We suggest having an expert apply your lashes to achieve the best result.
- Applying eyelash extensions that are too long or wide onto natural lashes could damage the natural eyelashes over time. So, it is recommended to make an appointment with a licensed lash specialist.
- If you are wearing eye makeup, use only oil-free pads and gently swipe downward, rather than back and forth.
- You should also try hard not to pull at your eyelash extensions. Your lash extensions fall out naturally over time, trying to remove them yourself will cause your natural eyelashes to be damaged. It’s best to have them removed by a certified technician.
- Extensions at a professional salon are not cheap. If you’re wondering how much eyelash extensions cost, you can generally expect to pay between $100-$300 for your initial set, depending on how many lashes you decide to have placed and what type of fiber you use. A lash refill will cost anywhere between $50-$150.