Nail salon 73012 – DiVa’s Spa & Nails – Manicure near me Edmond, OK : It can be difficult to get brittle nails under control, and if it becomes a serious problem where tearing and flaking are ongoing, it is a good idea to visit your doctor to find out if there are other methods to use or other causes leading to the issue. They will help you better learn how to achieve healthy nails.
DiVa’S Spa & Nails
Address : 16606 N Western Ave, Edmond, OK 73012, United States
The good news is that that there is something you can do about it, no matter what the cause. The steps include:
- Moisturize – There are hand and nail lotions or creams that contain ingredients like alpha-hydroxy acids and lanolin. These are compounds that condition and heal the nails.
- Post-washing regimen – Keep lotion or cream immediately where you wash and dry hands. Whenever you use the sink area, dry the hands and apply moisturizer to the nails and hands.
- Use nighttime treatments – Make part of your nighttime regimen the application of moisturizer to the hands and the nails
- Wear gloves – Doing household chores? Slip on gloves that block them from getting wet or covered in cleansers and chemicals
- Keep warm – During the colder and drier weather of the winter months, always wear gloves or mittens when outdoors
- Be proactive in nail care – There are many things you can do where your nail care is concerned in order to protect them. They include keeping nails short to prevent retention of moisture, file them to keep them even and prevent breaking or tearing, never bite or chew the cuticles, buff nails in the direction it grows, use a nail hardener to support your nails, and use polish without acetone (or skip polish altogether)
- Supplement – Biotin is an ideal supplement (using 2.5 milligrams daily) to help with this issue